Sea kayak course
Sea kayak award
Our sea kayak award course is based at our base at Milia beach in Skopelos, Greece.
We do offer set dates for these courses but we have also found that many people enjoy combining this course as part of their holiday.
Feel free to contact us with your preferred dates.
Take a look at the 3 Star Sea Kayak Syllabus.
The sea kayak award course is recommended to run over a minimum of 3 days.
- We start our sea kayak course by meeting at our base in Skopelos and go through the course details.
- Look at basic navigation theory.
- Choose equipment, we have sea kayaks from P&H, Seabird designs and Perseption. Paddles from Mitchell blades, Seabird and Celtic.
- Head off to the beach!
- Go through the skills required at sea kayak award standard in a sheltered area.
- Stop for lunch before going on a journey in the afternoon to practice in a realistic moderate water environment.
- Return to our base or the taverna for a beer and a debrief!
- Meet at our store and load up.
- Go through more skills, looking at rescues and rolling.
- Stop for lunch.
- Out again in the afternoon to practice, we will also look at navigating while on the water.
- Go over all the skills so you are ready for your assessment.
- Assessment day!
- We try to keep everything relaxed.
- Our assessment takes place while journeying as we find this is more realistic and helps you to relax.
The sea kayak award course has a lot of information and we recommend that spreading this course over more days leads to better results.
- Sea kayak award
- No available
- British Canoeing coastal navigation and tidal planning course is an optional extra